On average our 3 day sailing trips will cover 80 - 90 nautical miles around the Whitsunday Island Group.
This example is for: * 3 Day 2 Night Tours, * 3 Day 3 Night Tours,
After departure from Abel Point Marina at Airlie Beach we sail:
1. across the Whitsunday Passage to Blue Pearl Bay on Hayman Island.
2. along the western coast of Hook Island to Nara Inlet.
3. around the southern side of Hook Island passing through Hook Passage to Cataran Bay on Border Island.
4. south along the north eastern side of Whitsunday Island to Whitehaven Beach.
5. through Solway Passage, sail past Hamilton Island Resort and stop at Cid Harbour on the western side of Whitsunday Island.
6. along western coast of Whitsunday Island, through Hook Passage and follow the eastern coast of Hook Island to Mantaray Bay.
7. to the northern coast of Hook Island to Langford Reef near Black Island.
8. back to Airlie Beach passing the Molle Islands.
For Private Charters we can include Outer Barrier Reef stops, including Bait Reef.
Itineraries are flexible, and this itinerary is an example only. Trips will differ depending on the prevailing breezes and tides. Itineraries are planned by the vessels Captain considering the safety and well being of guests and crew. Please note that in the unlikely event of a mechanical problem, tour itineraries may need to be changed.
Weather: It's hard to forecast when the weather will be terrific and when it will be rainy/overcast. Be assured, that most of the year the Whitsundays weather is warm, and it is not normal to feel cold during the day, even if it is raining. Summer evenings are sultry, while in Winter evenings can cool down to 12c, so you will need a jacket or sweater. Average Temperatures: Jan 31c, Feb 30c, Mar 29c, Apr 28c, May 26c, June 24c, July 23c, Aug 25c, Sept 26c, Oct 28c, Nov 31c, Dec 31c.
We only work with companies who are members of the Whitsunday Charter Boat Industry Association WCBIA and promote companies such as Whitsunday Catamaran | Tornado Dive | Mantaray Charter Australian Tall Ship | Southern Cross Sailing Adventures | Prosail Maxi Sail Adventures Whitsunday Marine Academy | Learn to Sail Whitsundays | Ocean Rafting Recommended Accommodation in Airlie Beach, Base, Nomads, Airlie Beach Hotel